THE BLAKELY BUNCH

Friday, June 11, 2010

2 Year & 2 Month Check Ups

Today we had both boys well checks and they both seem to be doing fantastic and following right along with their developmental milestones. Here are their stats...

Reed-38.4 lbs & 39.2 in, both above the 100%
Colton-14.6 lbs & 25.5 in, both above the 97%

Reed is such a happy boy and loves everything about life. He has a great little personality and doing some pretty funny things. One of my favorites is when he calls his daddy by his first name. He will be playing in his room and all of a sudden we will hear "J-Gun, aka Jason, come here." I love it! I'm pretty sure he's mimicking his momma:) His language has come along ways and he is starting to talk in 3-4 word sentences. Some of which I can only understand. He can count to 10 but can't point out all of the numbers. We are working on his ABC's but still not even close to mastering this one. He knows his animals and what sound they each make. He knows the names of colors but can't point them all out and he knows a few shapes-circle, square, star and oval. His absolute, most favorite thing to do right now is playing in Jason's truck or as Reed calls it, "BIG Truck". He asks to play in the big truck from the moment he wakes up in the morning. I haven't even begun the task of potty training. I think he could totally do it, I'm just not ready to do it. Pure laziness on my part. I figured I would start once we get back from vacation. He has become a little testy lately but nothing I can't handle. I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune in a few months. His growth seems to be slowing down slightly, but I think it's still too early to notice a huge difference. We are having so much fun with him and love watching him develop such a fun personality.

Colton is still the same sweet boy that he was a week ago. He's a big boy! Bigger than what his brother was at 2 months. I'm not super concerned about the growth issue but the doctor said there is a good chance he will have the same thing that Reed has. There are a couple of signs but I'm not worrying about it yet. He's cooing and smiling all the time. Loves his swing and liking his bouncy seat and exersaucer. We are starting him on some reflux medicine because he is beginning to spit up and fight me on eating. He has is good days and bad days.

No comments: