THE BLAKELY BUNCH

Friday, June 5, 2009

12 Month Check-Up


Reed had his 12 month well visit today. Dr. B said he looks great and gave him a perfect bill of health! He is still a big ole boy. He weighs 29 pounds 9 ounces & 33 inches long...both above the 97%. Looks like I have a linebacker on my hands. He got a couple of shots today but I did decide to hold off on the MMR until his 18 month check up. We did get a referral to see a pediatric endocrinologist. It's nothing to serious but it is something that we need to get checked out. Most of you that know Jason know that he had something called precocious puberty...at age 2. BIZAAR! In most cases it's not genetic but it seems to be a trend with the Blakely boys. I want to get Reed checked out to make sure he doesn't have it. If he does, I want to start treatment ASAP so he wont have to go through what his daddy had to go through. Please say a little prayer for him.

3 comments:

Lisa and Ryan said...

Oh my goodness- Reed is so big!! I can't believe he is 33 inches tall! Hope all goes well with the endocrinoligst.

Lindsey said...

Wow, 29 pounds. I bet you are exhausted from carrying him! Nathan is 3 1/2 and he only weighs 33! Reed is so stinkin' cute!

Jessica said...

He's like carrying around a sack of potatoes. You would think I would be in much better shape after hauling him around all day long. I am definitely ready for him to start walking!