THE BLAKELY BUNCH

Monday, December 7, 2009

Dermatologist

For the past 10 months we have been dealing with the most annoying "diaper rash" known to mankind. After countless tubes of diaper ointments, doctors visits and me yelling at Reed on a daily basis to stop scratching his booty so he wouldn't make himself bleed to death, I found a pediatric dermatologist who has finally figured out the mystery diaper rash...Reed is allergic to the blue-dye in diapers. Who would have thought??? Not me!!! So, now that we know how to fix the problem it's finding what I need to fix it. He has to wear a dye-free, chlorine-free diaper. That's really not that big of deal but I have only been able to find 2 different brands, Earths Best and Seventh Generation and the largest count I can find is 22 diapers for $12. How annoying is that??? If anyone has ever seen this type of diaper in a larger count would you please pass along the info. I would greatly appreciate the help! Good news is, he doesn't have a rough, red bottom anymore and doesn't scratch at it!

4 comments:

Jeni said...

I just tried too google it! They don't seem to come in large quantities...BUT you can get on diapers.com and have them shipped to your house. Maybe that would be easier?! I'm just glad Reed's booty doesn't itch anymore! :)

Lisa and Ryan said...

Poor thing! Could you also try cloth diapers?

The Mulkey Family said...

What about Huggies pure and natural? I have tried them and liked them, but not sure how many come to a pack. Glad to hear Reed is doing well and that you figured out what was wrong :)

The Baker Family said...

Jessica- I think that is what our son has. He has had this odd rash that we have can not get under control. We have been to the doctor 6 times and tried all sort of creams. We have been giving him baking soda baths twice a day per the DR. MY email address is bakerchristin@gmail.com. I would love to ask you a couple of questions, if you dont mind.